The term functional medicine is a bit of a catch phrase being championed by just about any unconventional Practitioner. It is basically the recognition that since we’re dynamic, super-functioning spiritual beings we’d better have a system of medicine that can serve our very beingness on our very functional terms.
In contrast, conventional medicine is based on “dead science.” Dead blood cell counts, drugs and the dissection of cadavers which are afterall, very dead. While, in Heilkunst, we use tools like live blood analysis, bioresonance feedback and dynamic medicine to address your ills.
Functional processes require a system of medicine that recognizes the living, spiritual qualities in you. Therapeutic tools need to respect the dysfunctional nature of your symptoms well before it even becomes a full blown disease. Catching issues early before they show up on an x-ray or MRI takes a special kind of functional training not taught at traditional allopathic medical school.
For example Hypoglycemia or thyroid issues can be markers for Diabetes and Cancer, repeating UTI’s (Urinary Tract Infections), candida, migraines, high blood pressure and stiff joints can be indicating a familial predisposition for heart disease and stroke, also bronchitis bouts in the Winter can be linked to the chronic disease roots of Tuberculosis that was not addressed on the law of cure for your ancestors. Skin issues, arthritic complaints, lung issues and even mental issues, can be dealt with effectively through our functional approach to medicine.
While a GP or allopathic specialist will reach for a suppressive or palliative prescription, this is not functional medicine. The root cause still remains at large and it’s just a matter of time before the symptoms turn up the volume or find another related way to get you attention. Medication was never designed to treat long-term chronic disease. Their matrix IS designed for the jurisdiction of a significant medical emergencies like trauma or an infection running rampant. Afterwards, be sure to detox on the law of similars, like cures like, from the drugs. Sadly, 125 million Americans try to use allopathic medicine to treat chronic diseases … an epic fail!
Functional medical principles in Heilkunst do a brilliant job handling allergic, hormonal, digestive, neurological and metabolic problems that most folks suffer from WELL before they become diseases diagnosed by an allopath. And yes, Dr. Samuel Hahnemann, laid down the principles of so called “functional medicine” way before folks understood this concept fully.
Here’s 5 basic principles (paraphrased for easier understanding) that Dr. Hahnemann fully understood back in the early 1800’s:
Once you remove the chronic disease, on the sound basis of like cures like without causing the individual harm, the living principle of the human being will restore basic functioning as was intended before the onset of the engenderment.
Laws of nature are based on science and are wholly designed to address both physical ailments as well as mental emotional schisms. All diseases can be traced back to a thought or wrong belief.
To treat the symptoms, you must fully apprehend the functional root causal relationship between psyche and soma. As Rudolf Steiner states, “As above, so below,” another dynamic, functional Scientist.
Your body is a dynamic, brilliant work of 5,000 regulating hormones and chemicals and thoughts too. The Physician needs to know what principle will address what aspect of disease including regimen (law of opposites), medicine (law of similars) or Anthroposophic/Orgonomy (realm of beliefs/thwarted desires). For example, you may just need more water and less carbs to correct your anxiety and you need a trained, discerning functional Physician who can help you to make the right call.
Health is not just an absence of symptoms. It is a dynamic orchestration of feelings, functions and sensations. Dr. Hahnemann illustrated it thusly in his “Organon of the Medical Art” as, “Aphorism 9: In the healthy human state, the spirit-like Living Power (autocracy) enlivening the material body (organism) as Dynamis holds sway unrestrictedly and keeps all of its parts in admirable, harmonious, vital operation in both feelings and functions, so that our indwelling rational spirit can freely avail itself of this living healthy instrument for the higher purposes of our existence.”
Here lies the very definition and distinction of functional medicine. Instead of piling on more iatrogenic disease, deadening the symptoms through palliation or suppression, we ask why are you suffering in the first place? What story do your symptoms tell about your limited functioning? Once was have the true, fundamental diagnosis (literally through knowing), we know which jurisdiction and principles to apply in order to restore that function.
You will see quite quickly, in your process, that the allopathic labels don’t in fact represent a true diagnosis of the underlying cause. The thing is that most of the time, they don’t know, or even if they do, their tools are so toxic they often end up causing more harm than good (think Chemotherapy). It’s best to leave them to the important work of dealing with emergencies. Please read John Robbins book, “Reclaiming Our Health” for more on this.
If you’re ready for functional medicine, we’ve got over 200 years of effective working principles that have come to light in the last 30 years. Steven Decker and Rudi Verspoor put their headlamps on and scoured the anals of history to bring you this truly “Dynamic Legacy; From Homeopathy To Heilkunst.”
Did you know that the pill was tested on impoverished, Catholic women in Puerto Rico? Did you know that out of approximately 132 women tried for the pill back in the 1950’s that 3 of them actually died? Did you know that the pill was released to the general public anyway?
Theresa Vargas cites, “The truth was that little was known about the drug’s effects when Rock and biologist Gregory Pincus – with the backing of birth control advocate Margaret Sanger and philanthropist Katherine McCormick – decided to launch the human trials. The drug had been tested on rats and rabbits, and on a small sampling of women in Rock’s medical practice in Massachusetts. But its largest test would be in Puerto Rico, where as many as 1,500 women took the drug over several years.
Three women in the trials died. But no autopsies were conducted, and so it remains unclear if their deaths were linked to the drug, which was given in much higher doses than it is today.”
Did you know that Doctors chose not to share these results as they may “confuse the patient?” Those patients, my fellow goddesses, were our grandmothers, our mothers, our sisters and our aunts. I’m pretty sure that they were anxiously waiting for an easy and accessible answer to not be trapped at home with unwanted pregnancies. However, by also choosing not to examine the cautionary inserts included with their prescription of 28 days worth of little pink pills, they were buying more than they bargained for.
Here are some of the common side-effects of the birth control pill as per Cosmopolitan Magazine:
1. Nausea. Though expected to last only up to three months, some women feel queasy when they start the Pill, Ross says. Taking your pill with a meal can help reduce how icky you feel during the time your body needs to adjust to new levels of estrogen and progesterone.
2. Breast tenderness. Alas, this downside of oral contraceptives can apparently last for up to 18 months on the Pill, according to a report by the American Family Physician. Sorry.
3. Bloating. Changes in the ups and downs of your body’s sex hormones can lead to water retention and bloating. These effects may be particularly strong for women suffering from irritable bowel syndrome and other gastrointestinal tract disorders. That being said, many women feel better six months into a new pill regimen.
4. Headaches. A 2005 study published in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology found that approximately 10 percent of women feel headachy within a month of starting the pill. Once the body acclimates to a new oral contraceptive, however, the study authors conclude most reports of headaches go away.
5. Increased appetite. Perhaps you recall from ever having PMS that hormones can make you super hungry. Same goes when you alter your estrogen and progesterone levels via birth control. But an increased appetite doesn’t always lead to packing on pounds, Ross points out. In fact, she says, “there’s still no definitive proof that birth control directly causes weight gain.”
6. Yeast infections. Some women may need to invest in a few more Monostat packs after they go on the pill. Ross says this is likely due to changes in the use of tampons and new patterns of bleeding induced by the Pill.
7. Mood swings — and other emotional issues. This issue is complicated. While some women with a history of mood issues — depression, anxiety, even insomnia — tend to see an increase in their symptoms’ severity once they go on some birth control pills, others report that going on the Pill improves their psychological turmoil. (More on this below.)
8. Blood clots. Newer versions of birth control pills (like Yasmin) appear to put some women at an elevated risk of blood clots compared to “first-generation” pills, whose progesterone has a different chemical makeup. So long as gynecologists and patients monitor side effects, this can be kept under control. But be sure to bring this up with your doctor, just to be safe.
9. Brown spots on your face. Oral contraceptives have been found to increase women’s risk of a skin condition called melasma, which can make your face break out in some brown-colored splotches. Research shows, however, that this is more likely to occur in women who have a family history of the skin issue. Switching from the pill to an IUD may be able to resolve this, several case studies suggest.
10. Lower sex drive. Some women report decreases in their libido once they begin the Pill, Ross says. But she points out that much of this may be due to birth control’s shorter-term side effects — think: bloating, breast pain. (Who wants to be sexual when everything hurts and you feel like there’s a balloon in your belly?)
11. changes to eyesight for those using contact lenses
Sound like a bad late-night television ad by Big Pharma for a drug you’d never choose to take because the side effects outweigh the benefits? They don’t even mention infertility.
We’ve been addressing folks’ timeline traumas for almost 20 years and we’ve noticed that when we address the pill homeopathically on the law of nature, like cures like, suddenly they will be able to conceive.
I, myself, suffered a mini-stroke on the pill in 1982. While being treated for said trauma at The Women’s College Hospital in Toronto, I also learned that that there is a home north of the city dedicated to women who’d suffered strokes and other debilitating side-effects while taking the pill.
So what do you do if you want to engage in romantic love and sex without risking the chance of conception? How do you preserve your hormonal health? How can you ensure you don’t risk having to suffer from the list of side effects? Or infertility later on? Or have a stroke like I did and end up in hospital either short or long term? Or God-forbid, end up like three of the women from Puerto Rico did?
Here’re are the options we suggest for our own patients:
This is a latex-free alternative to the condom that acts like a second skin in the woman’s vaginal canal. You insert it so you’re sure that you’re covered. You can join their club out of the UK and they’ll drop ship these latex free sheaths. The big advantage of a Luwi is that you can wear it up to 8 hours before intercourse so you don’t have to suspend lovemaking to put anything on. It also prevents STD’s and potential infections.
The Fem-cap is softer silicone than say a DivaCup, but kind of similar. It takes a few tries the first time to really make sure it’s in place, but there are lots of instructions and Youtubes, etc. Colleagues of mine have never had it slip out of place, their partner can’t feel it, and you can leave it in for 24 hours. You can add more spermicide and use it multiple times. You just need to keep it in for 7 hours after sex.
It uses a lactic acid based spermicide which they also sell- totally natural, and they haven’t had any issues with it throwing off their vaginal flora.
Between my own pregnancies, I used a non-medicated IUD. I had 3 of them over the course of my menstruating years in between my two children. After my fiasco with hormonal birth control, I was not about to risk a progesterone time-released IUD.
In my mind, I was not about to mess with the 5,000 self-regulating hormones and chemicals in my body. I’d already an inch and a half tumor in my left breast that I wasn’t going to risk messing with my hormones any further. I didn’t even use the copper ones. For patients, I’ve added a dose of homeopathic copper (cuprum) for regular chelation in their Drainage and Organ Support Dropper Bottle.
THE SALIVA TEST
We used to recommend The Lady Comp when back when we first opened our practices, however, they don’t seem to be making them anymore. There are fertility saliva tests you can choose from, so we found one that touts a 98% accuracy.
Now this wasn’t a great method for me as my hormone levels did not show up clearly enough for me to have an accurate read out, while other women who do have high enough levels love this option. This is why I chose the IUD as I could pretty much conceive while folding my husband’s underwear!
CONDOM and SPERMICIDE (natural sources)
Once you know if you’re ovulating, or you want to be on the safe side with your committed partner, or you’re engaging in a fling or one night stand with a partner you don’t wholly know, this is always a good back up option.
Here’s some natural alternatives to the usual condom and spermicides you buy at the drugstore:
No Liability Note: The author and physicians at Arcanum Wholistic Clinic are in no way liable for the information offered in this blog. Whatever means of birth control you use has to ultimately be your decision and ultimate responsibility. Also, we do not recommend tubal ligation or vasectomy as these disturb the natural, healthy operating of our sex organs. What affects one part of us ultimately affects the whole.
[This post is from the April 2019 newsletter – click here to read it.]
It’s time to talk about the informed remedy. Our mentor, Steven Decker once said, “A remedy isn’t a remedy until it remedies something.” Medicine has to be informed in order to be curative. How do you do this?
Well, it has to have a whole lot of consciousness and principles behind it. It feels a bit like if we’re being attacked, we’ve got to create the right arsenal, quickly and effectively so that it hits its mark. You have to know about the origin of the battle, isolate the coordinates, discern the root destination, and be sure not to take out any innocent bystanders in the process.
An informed remedy is one that, like a heat-seeking missile, is bestowed with the capacity to cleanly sweep out the disease matrix on the sound basis of the law of nature – like cures like. It must operate on resonance, albeit a slightly attenuated frequency. It has to be preprogrammed. Thorough, but not destabilizing in the way of a mighty healing reaction for the patient. Just the right directed dose and potency will do the job.
As you will learn, reading our articles this month, antibiotics (literally ‘against life’) are not informed remedies … they actually don’t know what they’re targeting. They wipe out the whole darn terrain, and the other casualties are your microbiome, critical to your healthy immune function. Also, there’s a good chance the enemy will martial its gnarly resources, again and again, until it is addressed outright.
Also, symptoms can be shape-shifters, or “pleomorphic”. As Heilkünstlers, we’re trained to read the signs for when the enemy tries to throw up false flags, pretends to surrender or even morphs into a whole other entity entirely.
“So I’ve been trying to come up with a list to give people with various reasons as to why I no longer vaccinate. I feel like this will be beneficial for me to have saved since I feel like I am constantly repeating myself. This way if someone asks I can just give them this list and be on my merry way lol
This is what I’ve come up with so far. Is there anything else I should include? Change? Re-word? Any credible links that I should include? I would love to get y’alls thoughts. TIA for all your help
*Picture of my precious babies so this post doesn’t get lost*
30 FACTS AND REASONS AS TO WHY I BECAME AN AVID EX-VAXXER:
1. Not one disease was “eradicated” from vaccines. History reveals that mortality rates caused by Measles, Mumps, Polio, Diphtheria, Smallpox, and even Scarlet Fever (which had no vaccine) were already on the decline even before the vaccines were introduced. These rates continued to decline at the same pace even after the introduction of the vaccines – not faster which one might think. For example, in 1900, the mortality rate from measles was 13.3 in 100,000; in 1940, the mortality rate of 0.5 in 100,000; and in 1960, the mortality rate was just 0.2 in 100,000; the measles vaccine was not introduced until 1963.
2. Thanks to our country (USA) becoming more industrialized – such as adopting better hygiene habits, improving our sanitation, and having better access to cleaner foods and water – our nation’s diseases rates and their mortality rate has decreased as a result.
3. Some of the world’s deadliest toxins are in vaccines – to name a few are: Aluminum, Thimerosal (50% Mercury), Formaldehyde, etc.
4. Other ingredients consist of aborted fetal cells (Also known as: MRC-5, RA 27/3, WI-38), monkey kidney cells, dog liver cells, pig blood, etc. These ingredients in particular create a conflict of interest for Christians (and various other religions) that believe abortion is murder and consider these animal byproducts to be “unclean”.
5. Some of the ingredients in vaccines are known carcinogens.
6. Although we may potentially eat and/or inhale more formaldehyde, mercury, aluminum etc., this does not mean that it is safe to inject such toxins into our bodies. Injection is much different than ingestion. Take snake venom for example, you can actually drink snake venom and be fine but if you are bitten and injected with the snake venom you will die. This is because when something is ingested, the toxins and chemicals have to go through multiple different organs to be filtered out and thus can be excreted from the body with a minimal amount of toxins be absorbed by the body. When it is injected however, these toxins and chemicals completely bypass the necessary organs needed to by filtered out by the body which means, 100% of these deadly toxins are being absorbed and are unable to leave the body.
7. Vaccines are simply not safe and by law, they are classified as “unavoidably unsafe” as a result.
8. Vaccines can and do cause a wide variety of different health issues in people, especially children and/or those that already have a suppressed immune system as well as those that have a difficult time naturally detoxing. These health issues include autoimmune diseases, cancer, tumors, autism, brain damage, asthma, eczema, diabetes, scoliosis, meningitis, behavioral issues, developmental delays, and much more. If you look at the rise in the vaccination schedule along with the rise in chronic childhood illnesses, you will see that they correspond almost perfectly with one another and sadly enough, we now have the sickest generation of children in today’s world. Many people like to say “Well wouldn’t it be better to have a child with autism, asthma, or diabetes than to be dead from a vaccine preventable disease?” – My response to this statement is always this “When you consider the fact that the death rate of these “vaccine preventable diseases” were actually down by nearly 98% prior to the introduction of the vaccines – along with the fact that these disease are almost always mild, benign, and even beneficial to most children/people – I would say no; no it is NOT better to trade a lifetime of serious sickness and health issues when the diseases that we are trying to prevent are rarely ever an issue to begin with in the first place.
9. Vaccines can and do cause death in people, especially infants and young children. SIDS is often times a result of vaccines and it is not just a coincidence that the majority of SIDS cases occur at 2, 4, and 6 months. If you look at countries that have the highest vaccination rates in comparison of countries that have the lowest vaccination rates, you will find that the higher the vaccination rate is, the higher the infant mortality rate – and vice-versa. In fact, the United States has some of the world highest infant mortality rates even though we have some of the world’s best access to clean foods, water, and medical care and have little disease impact.
10. Vaccine manufactures are free of any legal liabilities from anyone, meaning they cannot be sued if your child is injured or dies – EVEN IF they intentionally put deadly toxins in (which they already do) that they know will harm and/or kill your children. This means that they have absolutely no incentive to do better and make their products safer. They are allowed to make billions of dollars off of their products without having any risk or responsibility in the matter. What other company/manufacturer do you know that is free of any and all liability like this? Answer? NONE.
11. Vaccine injuries and death happen all the time and they are far more common than what we are led to believe. They are so common that because vaccine manufacturers could no longer be sued after 1986, the VICP (Vaccine Injury Compensation Program) was established. Since 1988, over 19,021 petitions have been filed with the VICP. Over that 29 year period, 16,938 petitions have been adjudicated, with 5,825 of those determined to be compensable, while 11,113 were dismissed due to the program being extremely difficult to fight against. Even still though, the total compensation paid over the life of the program is approximately 3.8 billion and counting. If more people (especially doctors) were aware of vaccine injuries and didn’t dismiss or ignore them 99% of the time, could you imagine what the numbers would exist within this program?
12. Proper and non-fraudulent safety studies on vaccines have never been conducted since they are not required to go through the Gold Standard, doubled blinded saline placebo controlled study like other pharmaceutical drugs have to. For instance, the FDA requires all pharmaceutical drugs to use the Gold Standard test and to follow-up with the individuals of the study for at least four to five years if not longer. Vaccine manufacturers are able to take advantage of the FDA regulatory loopholes that allow fast-tracking of vaccines which means their “safety” studies are short-term (often lasting only a mere few months if not only weeks at a time) and are almost always done under fraudulent/misleading methods such as using a placebo that is another vaccine or an aluminum adjuvant. This means that true safety outcomes of the vaccine cannot be properly determined and any long-term injuries that manifest later in life will escape attention entirely.
13. The CDC, vaccine manufacturers, and pharmaceutical companies refuse to do any studies comparing the health of vaccinated people with unvaccinated people – the few studies that have been done (which come from independent researchers/companies) indicate that the unvaccinated tend to be much healthier than the vaccinated. This alone means that we cannot assume vaccines are safe and or effective until proven being that we do not know the short-term, let alone the long-term results from vaccinating.
14. There is no informed consent when it comes to vaccinations which should be a big red flag considering how many risks are involved with vaccinations.
15. The current CDC childhood vaccination schedule has NEVER been tested for safety. What does this mean? OUR CHILDREN are the test subjects of these vaccinations AND without our consent.
16. Vaccines suppress the body’s natural immune response which often times, makes it harder to fight diseases and illnesses. Although Vaccines can help to create an increased antibody level against the disease that they were created to fight against, it does not mean that such antibodies will be truly effective in fighting off the real disease if it is contracted.
17. Vaccines do not guarantee the prevention of disease. In fact, more often than not vaccines fail which results in people contracting the very disease they were trying to prevent.
18. Thanks to medical advancements in the industrialized world, all of the diseases and illnesses that we vaccinate for have cures and are typically not as “life-threatening” as we are made to believe. Unless living in third-world countries where there is little to no access to healthy and safe food/water and living conditions are poor, the only time these diseases can potentially become life-threatening are in people who either have an autoimmune disease (many times a reaction from vaccines themselves) or are immune-compromised such as cancer patients. As a result, deaths and/or severe injury from these diseases and illnesses are slim to none.
19. Recent studies suggest that many of these “deadly” childhood diseases that we vaccinate against are actually beneficial to the body as they help to build up the immune system as they help “teach” and prepare it in fighting off future cancers and tumors. This is due to the fact that the antigens found from measles, mumps, chickenpox, etc. are very similar to various different cancers and tumors, thus allowing the immune system to recognize cancer/tumor antigens right away and fight them off.
20. The most logical and scientific reason not to vaccinate an infant is due to the fact that a baby is unable to scale an effective immune response to any disease within the first year of life. If an infant were to have a prime immune reaction from the start, it would damage the infant’s brain as a result. This means that an infant’s immune system is unable to regulate the amount of TH1 white blood cells it produces to react to a general virus or bacteria. The thymus gland that controls the immune system is not mature until after the age of 2. The thymus controls T1/T2 immunity and T memory cells; therefore, it can’t “remember” a vaccine antibody until it matures which is why doctors have to give so many booster shots.
21. Most doctors do not know about the risks or the history/truth behind vaccines, let alone their ingredients. Although most doctors are intelligent people and truly want to do what is best for their patients, they realistically only know what is presented to them and what they are taught in medical school. As a result, the medical school just so happens to be run by big pharma and so the extent of their knowledge regarding vaccines consists only of what the childhood immunization schedule consists of and how to convince and/or force parents into vaccination. An example of doctors (and the CDC) not always knowing best and having bad information, is the time in which smoking cigarettes was actually recommended by both the CDC and doctors themselves. Between the 1930s and the 1950s, it was believed that smoking cigarettes was actually good and even healthy for people; so much to the point that it was recommended. Years later, we have now come to find out that this is not true and that the risk of lung cancer increases significantly as a result.
22. Insurance companies, such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, often encourage doctors to fully vaccinate their patients by providing bonuses of up to $40,000 a year. Doctors must meet a certain percentage to qualify for the bonus or they will lose their bonus which helps to explain why some doctors are so “insistent” on only seeing fully vaccinated patients. Additionally, doctors may be penalized and denied their bonus if they report any adverse reactions from vaccinations.
23. Contrary to belief, unvaccinated children are no more a “threat” to the vulnerable (such as infants, the elderly, the immune-compromised, etc.) than vaccinated children are. Unvaccinated children are not a walking cesspool of disease – they cannot spread a disease they do not have. Regardless of if you are vaccinated or not, if you catch a disease/illness you have the capability to spread it to others. Furthermore, you are actually more of threat to others if you have recently been vaccinated than if you have not been vaccinated. This is due to the fact that some vaccines contain live viruses which in turn can shed to others for weeks if not months at a time after receiving the vaccination; Some vaccines that contain live virus and pose a risk to others include: MMR, Varicella, Shingles, Rotavirus, FluMist Intranasal, and Smallpox (no longer in production or administered).
24. Herd immunity cannot exist through vaccination but only through natural immunity; this is because the body defends most efficiently from ongoing re-exposure to antigens. As a result to vaccinating a population, a serious risk of re-emerging infections and potential outbreaks will increase since continuous exposure to the natural infection are no longer available during the early years of an individual’s life. Take the Varicella (chickenpox) vaccine for example: Although the rate of children contracting chickenpox (a benign disease) has decreased, the rate of adults contracting shingles (a much more serious disease) has increased significantly since children are no longer contracting chickenpox which in turn allowed adults to naturally boost their immunity to the disease.
25. Natural immunity is far better than any type of manufactured immunity could ever be. Not only are these benign disease beneficial in building up and strengthening our immune systems but once an individual contracts such disease/illness almost always do they receive lifelong immunity from the disease. Immunity from vaccines lasts 10 years at best and many times only lasts a few years which is why booster shots have to be given so often. Combined with the fact that vaccines pose various different serious risks and even death, natural immunity in my opinion is always better.
26. The CDC is extremely biased regarding vaccinations. Not only do they sell over 4 billion dollars in vaccines every year but they also have over 20 vaccine patents to their name. This alone, should be reason enough not to blindly trust their word on vaccines.
27. The CDC simply cannot be trusted to be unbiased in their vaccine studies. A whistle blower case involving Dr. William Thompson (head researcher during the time of the study determining whether or not there was link between the MMR and Autism) revealed that not only does the CDC erase, adjust, and/or change their studies to reflect an outcome they want, but if they cannot change the outcome to show their results in a positive light, they will destroy all necessary documents and lie in court about their “scientific findings”.
28. There are multiple government and peer reviewed studies that do in fact prove that there is a link between vaccines and Autism. Although vaccines are not the only cause of Autism, they certainly do play a significant role in many kids who have difficulties naturally detoxing (the MFTHR gene). When people say “We have exhaustively studied the potential link of autism and vaccines and have never found a link between the two. Therefore the science is settled – vaccines do not cause autism and we should no longer be looking at vaccine to be its cause.” We need to remind people that 1: The science is NEVER settled, if we know anything about science we know that nothing is ever definitive and that we should be constantly looking for new/more answers and 2: The link between vaccines and autism has NOT been exhaustively studied. Out of 16 vaccines, only ONE (the MMR) has ever been looked at and out of 50 different vaccine ingredients, only ONE (Thimerosal) has ever been looked at – does this sound exhaustively studied? No, definitely not.
29. Dr. Andrew Wakefield is a gastroenterologist who was one of several co-authors in the “infamous” paper that observed 12 children (at the request of the parents) with autism following the MMR vaccination. Dr. Andrew Wakefield and his co-authors are often falsely and inaccurately condemned as committing data fraud and being sent to prison as a result when in fact, he and his co-authors did not commit such fraud and were not sent to prison. The paper (which was not a study) did not out-right claim that the MMR vaccination caused autism; the paper simply stated that they observed this regression within the 12 children and recommended that “more research should be done”. Furthermore the paper was never debunked and was only retracted due to funding coming from the parents of the children (who to this day, continue to support Dr. Andrew Wakefield. His study has since been duplicated over 2 dozen times and all confirm his findings.
30. Mandatory vaccination laws, such as the one in California, are technically illegal and go against every United States citizen’s fundamental right to have freedom of choice over their body and what goes inside his/her body. Forcing vaccines on unwilling individuals should be an indication of the corruption within the government and vaccine industry.”
Therapeutic education is the third jurisdiction of Heilkunst Medicine. When we’re engaged with patients, we can address the underlying cause with the homeopathic principles, however, to help prevent a reinfection of that old state of mind, the precipitating thought-ware and choices wrought often need to change.
Those old patterns are often the hardest to break. I can’t count how many times an individual, especially women, I work with will state, “I can’t do that, that would be considered selfish.” As women, especially, we’re fundamentally conditioned to serve others before we take a moment to serve our own needs.
I’m often surprised when referring to a woman taking a little hammock time to simply rest or allocating 20 – 30 minutes away from their family to journal, meditate, write, read, do some yoga, or take a bath. I’m surprised at how often self-care is interpreted as selfish.
When my cup overfloweth, then I’m in a much better position to serve others without an ounce of reservation. By serving my basic needs first, then I can more easily suspend my goal oriented agenda to be present with my children, husband, friends and patients.
I think where we’re getting caught up is in distinguishing between the selfishness of a narcissist personality as opposed to simple self-love and care. Let’s take a moment to define both and perhaps it will be more telling for you to first distinguish the difference between the harm caused by a narcissist and the love of a self-carer. Perhaps, then, out of knowledge you can give yourself the permission to provide yourself with overtures of generosity.
Narcissistic Character Type
As per Dr. Patricia Frisch, “Narcissistic Character Types can be quite self-engrossed and self-maximizing. His predominant and consistent focus is on his own needs, concerns and wishes. He is an excellent self-promoter who loves the limelight and vies to be seen as special. He expects his needs to take center stage in his relationship to others. He is often upset if those needs are not mirrored perfectly by his partners, friends, or colleagues.”
Arrogance and Selfishness
The motivation of the selfish narcissist is to seek grandiosity and admiration from others. They engage in activities that are hurtful to others based on their phallic drive to be seen. Often these individuals were emasculated as children and are quite fragile underneath their self-centred exterior. They will quite often exhibit fantasies of their own beauty, success and brilliance in their work and relationships.
Because this characterological type lacks empathy, their personality disorder believe that they’re special or superior seeking alliances only with those who can affirm their faulty image of themselves. They will generally stop at nothing that enhances their self-esteem. These individuals can’t tolerate defeat, criticism or any feelings of humiliation which cause them to sublimate their ill state into paranoia, antisocial behaviors and even psychosis.
Is preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence or ideal romance
Believes he or she is special and can only be understood by other special people or institutions
Requires constant attention and admiration from others
Has unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment
Takes advantage of others to reach his or her own goals
Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy
Is often envious of others or believes other people are envious of him or her
Shows arrogant behaviors and attitudes
It is also important to note that 50 – 75% of narcissists are male. Also, when teenagers are indicating traits listed above, they’re not necessarily towing the line to becoming narcissistic. Teenagers are often trying on different characterological types in order to effectively separate from their parents to strike a greater self-love and autonomy.
Certain inherited criteria have to be met in order for a person to develop bonafide selfish, narcissistic tendencies. These can include all/or some of the predisposition to Medhorrinum Genetic Miasm, Lycopodium Constitution and the Chthonic Fear State Veratrum Album. We’ve included the links to our other blogs on these states for your further research.
Thankfully with Heilkunst Medicine and Orgonomy were able to treat the underlying cause. Of these states of mind using the law of nature like cures like. Those formerly narcissistic character types do develop less tendencies to self-aggrandize, developing more empathy, warmth and generosity.
Hopefully, you can quickly identify that you’re not in fact a selfish narcissist which then allows you to gain full dominion over your self-care. It takes an abundant nature to fully step into the fabric of your birthright. Longevity of spirit in this human organism takes many regular deposits of love, romance, and plenitude.
If it’s still hard for you, perhaps think of your car’s regular maintenance or what about your savings; if you don’t make regular deposits, you wind up deplete without anything left for your retirement. Here are some ways that you can lovingly bestow more self-care on yourself:
Self-Care Ideas For Your Mind
Start a gratitude jar for a year – every day write on a piece of paper something you feel thankful for. On New Year’s Day gift yourself the time to read them all.
Get rid of the stuff on your list that you don’t really want to do – yup, just draw a line through it, or even better rip it up and dispose of it.
Look at your decision making – decide more life choices through your heart instead of your head. If the thing gives you butterflies or little kid excitement, then go for it … if not reject it!
Schedule in regular hammock time – set a timer if you have to for 30 minutes of cloud or star gazing.
Take a different route – Perhaps take that gorgeous parkway by the water instead of the freeway to work.
Juicy mindfulness – take some time to really engage with that piece of fruit you’re about to eat, that bird in the tree, the sunset or even brushing your teeth. Feelings, functions and sensations are a big aspect to being wholly present to your human experience.
Playtime – find time to hang with your kids, niece or nephew. If they’re too busy, find time to skip rope, go to the park with your book, play spontaneously at the park or dance in your living room.
Fix something that’s been bugging you – take a moment to change that lightbulb, fix that loose button, floss your teeth or oil that sqeeky door.
Do a mini meditation – on the bus or in your favourite chair, even a couple of minutes focussed on your breathing, thoughts, feelings or sensations can reset the most harried of days.
Happiness infusion – take a bath, make a cup of tea, light a candle or some incense or simply make a list of the things that make you feel happy.
De-clutter – Bundle up stuff in your midst or in your closet that no longer bring you pleasure and take them to the local consignment store.
Unplug for an hour – ask your hubby or in-laws to take the kids for an hour so that you can go switch to “airplane” mode. Resist the temptation to look at your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts. Just be.
Buck your comfort zone – strike up a conversation with someone you’ve never met on the bus, or try putting on your headphones and listening to meaningful podcast.
Mute negative folk in your social media feeds – you don’t have to unfriend them, they’ll just stop showing up with their hate speech injecting poison into your day.
Self-Care Ideas for Your Body
Oxygenate with deep breathing – trying sighing out loud breathing out from your hair follicles to your toes, let the inbreathe naturally revitalize you by coming back in naturally. Notice how you’re being breathed!
Get your jiggy on – Dance, sing, play, stretch and have juicy connected sex with your beloved partner or with yourself. Take your time!
Pace – head outside for a bike ride, walk in nature or do some interval training depending on your blood type (insert link for blood type appropriate exercise here).
Do a cleanse – find a day to do a day long cleanse using
lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne powder (Master’s Cleanse)
naturally fermented pickle or sauerkraut juice (no vinegar/sugar) (insert link for fermentation)
Start a Keto/Paleo diet cutting out all grains and sugars while respecting your blood type diet.
Skin brush before bed and and when you wake up – use a natural bristle brush with circular motions.
Go for Bowen – a soft tissue release protocol, like a massage without bullying the body’s musculature.
Sun bathe – We know that 20 minutes of sunlight a day is highly beneficial. At first you may have to start in the shade and acclimatize to direct sun. If you’re in a northern climate in the Winter, supplement with 2,000 IU’s of Vit. D3 per day
Consume Naturally Fermented Foods – Kombucha, Water Kefir, naturally fermented sauerkrauts or pickles like Strub’s or Bubbies are highly recommended. Dr. Mercola sent his homemade kraut off to the lab to find over 90 trillion probiotics in a tablespoon. (Link article and our Fermenting Blog).
Introduce Essential Oils to your Regimen – take a mini-course on-line or read one of our many books (include our Amazon link) to familiarize yourself with essential oils and how to use them to improve your physical and mental well-being.
Introduce Flower Essences to your Regimen – take a mini-course on-line or read one of our many books (include our Amazon link) to familiarize yourself with essential oils and how to use them to improve your physical and mental well-being.
Take a nap – enough said!
Laugh yourself silly – Watch some crazy cat videos, bloopers, or read some Dilbert, Calvin and Hobbes. Some Netflix offerings with good comedians are fun too. We also enjoy the podcast, “No Such Thing As a Fish.”
Self-Care For The Soul
Ask your inner child … – ask the little kid in you what they’d like to do today? Perhaps they’d like to take you off to the library, a new coffee shop, museum, art gallery or go for a walk by the river.
Look for Beauty – Find ten unexpected beautiful things on your way to or home from work.
Meditate on your feelings – sit for 5 – 10 minutes and focus solely on how you’re feeling in the moment. You can even do this at work in the bathroom stall if necessary.
Journal – Check out Julia Cameron’s ‘Morning Pages’ and sit down with a dedicated notebook and just write for 5-10 minutes without an ounce of judgment.
Find the healthy radiators in your midst – find resonant folk to hang out with sho radiate love, enthusiasm and positivity. Eliminate the drains on your mental/emotional economy who suck you down their proverbial toilet with pessimism, negatively robbing you of your energy.
Love on an animal – hang out with your cat on the couch or ask a friend if you can take their dog for a walk to the park. Petting or stroking an animal can be very beneficial for the soul.
Get some Lovin’ – Ask 3 friends to tell you what they love about you.
Capture Your Goals – Find some time to write down the 25 things that you love to engage with where you lose all track of time. Review them and see if you can fashion a side business out of any of them. Many successful entrepreneurs started this way! Read the book, ‘The Map’ by Boni Lonsburry for more on this.
Home Spa Day – take a day on the weekend, or perhaps call in sick and enjoy a mental health day. Don your robe, take a long bath with a bath-bomb, give yourself a pedi and or mani, and a facial with all natural products.
Take a mini-staycation – tell folks that you’ll be away and then plan to be totally spontaneous with yourself the whole weekend.
Self-care Mini Bites
Take a moment to connect in with yourself even in the midst of a conversation – watch your inclination to over commit. Set more healthy boundaries around yourself and your time. Give yourself permission to say no or tell a white lie to protect yourself.
Delight in small pleasures – watch the sunset until it’s done, observe a baby with their loving parent, notice the water on your skin when you wash your hands, cut a wildflower and bring it inside for beside your bed.
See if your holding your breath – practice more mindful deep breathing
Grab a Nourishing Drink – Perhaps skip the coffee or tea and get a more energizing probiotic drink like Kombucha or Water Kefir. Think of it like an investment in your microbiome bank!
My hope is that you can see more clearly how it’s not even possible for you to suffer selfish, narcissistic tendencies and that self-care is necessary to promoting more love and life in you. Only human beings who are wholly full of self-nurturance, lacking in perpetual stress, can truly care for others in their midst in a whole fashion without creating more symptoms or negative side-effects.
As women, and men too, it is important that we invest in our mental/emotional and physical self-care so that our cups can truly overfloweth in the face of everyday stress and challenges. Self-care enables us to remain deeply centred, with a bolstered sense of autonomy, in the face of external tumultuousness exhibited in the media, allopathy (Big Pharma), political arenas and economics too. When we have a sound investment of self, we can pretty much weather any storm in our midst.
Most folks think that probiotics are a product. In actual fact, our gut contains both good bacteria (probiotics) that keeps the “bad bacteria”(antibiotics) in check. ‘Anti’ literally means ‘against’, while ‘biotics’ comes comes from the Greek term meaning ‘bios’ or ‘life’.
The American Academy of Family Physicians defines probiotics as: “supplements containing organisms that change the microflora of the host. These organisms are typically Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium, and Streptococcus species. They are able to predominate and prevail over potential pathogenic microorganisms in the human digestive tract, and are thought to produce metabolic byproducts that function as immune modulators.”
It is up to us to discern whether we want to load our guts up with probiotics or with antibiotics. Gastrointestinal flora is an intrinsic part of our overall immune function and health. Lactobacillus GG fights infections and also helps to regulate healthy bowel movements in both adults and children. The benefits of taking probiotics can be explained further in the Harvard article found here.
Our patients often want us to prescribe a pill. They originally come from the allopathic side of medicine and they want to simply go to the store to pick up a probiotic, or at the very least order it online. While we’re fine with this, I don’t actually do this for myself or my family.
If you’d like to learn more about the simple and cheapest way to get a ton of multi- faceted probiotics in your diet, you can read here about how to safely ferment at home to get about 90 trillion probiotics into your diet by a week from today.
I am confident in knowing this is the best way to get the broadest range of probiotics. Foods like sauerkraut, and beverages like kombucha and kefirs, provide different spectrums of probiotics, which are more natural and conducive to health. Also, foods and salt water hopefully won’t be regulated by Big Pharma or the Naturopathic Establishments anytime soon. Whole foods and DIY supplementation is the way to go, in my opinion.
However, when I first came to this system of medicine to recover my own son from the Autism Spectrum (ASD), I started with probiotic capsules bought from the refrigerated section of the health food store. I generally bought what was on sale as long as it had several million lactobacillus and bifidus in each capsule.
I opened the capsule in his natural yogurt with organic fruit and sweetened with a dash of honey or maple syrup. He never tasted it, which was a relief as he was profoundly texture and taste sensitive, as most ASD kids are. You can listen to the FREE audiobook about my son, Jordan’s, recovery from ASD The Path To Cure Audiobook.
Some of you might guess that it’s been since the mid-1990’s that clinical studies began in the use of probiotics for the following issues:
Gastrointestinal illnesses such as chronic diarrhea, constipation, Crohn’s, IBS, and even Clostridium Difficile (C-diff.) results. The latter is a total annihilation of healthy bacteria in the gut from extended uses of antibiotics, chemotherapy, and radiation. In some cases, the patient may be suffering in the extreme, requiring both massive doses of probiotics as well as a fecal microbiota transplant.
Allergies in children
Vaginal and Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs).
Can I Give My Kids Probiotics?
As mentioned prior, probiotics are already contained in the gut naturally. In fact, the health of the mother and her healthy microbiota will largely determine the health of her baby in the first year of life. The reason for this is that baby will take a big gulp of the mother’s probiotics in the vaginal canal enroute to being born naturally. Along with bonding and temperature regulation, we have probiotics contained on our skin, which is why skin to skin contact with our babies is so crucial from birth. Also, there are probiotics in the mother’s breast milk. This is why you want a plethora of probiotics in your gut not only for your health but also for the benefit of your baby as well.
If baby is bottle fed or born by C-section, or the mom has had several rounds of antibiotics in her lifetime without proper replenishing of strains lost, it is best to speak with your healthcare provider who is specifically knowledgeable in probiotic supplementation.
As per Safety.com, “Popular probiotic products include infant formulas already containing probiotics, powdered probiotics to add to milk or yogurt, yogurts and yogurt drinks that contain probiotics, and probiotic supplements. However, some parents may worry about giving their children food and drinks containing probiotics because you may not know exactly how much and what kinds of probiotics your children are actually getting.”
While you can’t be harmed by overdosing on probiotics, the concern is more about sourcing a reliable product. My rule of thumb is to steer away from Pharma-brand supplements found in the local pharmacy. I always used a refrigerated brand from a reputable company found in the health food section of my supermarket or health food store.
It’s important to note that refined sugars, carbohydrates, alcohol, and drugs such as antibiotics will destroy the gut’s healthy microbiome causing the bad bacteria to flourish and take over. It is important that you try and minimize these practices as much as possible and consider increasing your doses of good probiotics when you feel the need to ingest any of the above substances.
Neuropathy is a painful, degenerative state of the nervous system. The reasons for this – on a more dynamic, emotional, and spiritual level – are due to the fact that just about everyone gets on the suffer’s “nerves” and they’ve felt a lack of an energetic ‘flow’ for a very long time, due to the suppression of resentment and anger. Perhaps think of it this way, the opposite of flow is a sclerotic damning of energy, stemming from a hardening of the attitudes.
“NERVE PROBLEMS “Disrupt-power.” They are experiencing a disruption of the flow of communication, in the form of input-deflecting and/or expression-suppressing. They are avoiding, preventing and distorting influence, education and evolution. As a result, the flow of information-transmission, action-initiation and behavior-facilitation has been derailed. They are grimly holding out and holding on to past strategies, resources, people and interpretations. They are freaked out and distrusting of the Universe, and they have to have “red alert” hands-on control of everything. But the result is a thorough bollixing of their situations. They feel that they are back in their dysfunctional family, and they are the only ones with any sanity in thc situation. The result is an escalating situation that emulates the family, as a function of their own interventions.
NERVE PAINS (Sharp, stabbing pains accompanying movements) “Oh no you don’t!” They are getting “saber-rattle warnings” about “not stepping over that line” of self-commitment and self-manifestation. It is the resultant of an intense “keep them around the old homestead” programming. (See thc part(s) of the body affected)
NEURALGIA (Nerve aches) “Cut off.” They have no self-forgiveness and no self-trust, with the result that they feel they deserve punishment out of continuously guilty feelings. They are in anguish over their communication difficulties with other people, and about their situation. There is very poor communication within them, a blockage or distortion that is causing them great pain. They received very little love as a child, and what there was, was very conditional and interspersed heavily with guilt- induction and shaming.
NEURITIS (Inflammation of the nerves) “Agitated irritation.” They feel that they are continuously subjected to tension-inducing and frustrating stimulation. They feel powerless and undermined because of this. They come from an infuriatingly dysfunctional family who constantly generated situations, cvents and processes that were highly disruptive and derailing.”
In our experience, neuropathy sufferers are generally resistant to remediation. It’s taken them a long time to get this way, and you darn well better not interfere, as their distrust of you and the Universe is very well entrenched. Far be it for you to come along and upset their long-term apple cart!
However, I do recall one dark-suited fellow who came to see me for neuropathy that was quite debilitating. He was the CEO of a multinational company. Within three visits, he surprised us all as he was completely cured.
Some of the pathic remedies used to support the patient’s recovery that we might look at for the individual, depending on their symptom picture, might be:
Arsenicum Album: Sharp, drawing pains in the back and limbs which are better on lying down. The pains are often worse at night, which the patient describes as shooting, pulling, or burning. Hard swelling of the fingers with cramps and discoloured nails. They have tearing and stinging in the hips with paralytic weakness in the thighs. Arsencium people are very controlling and meticulous, also suffering avarice. They will straighten all the pictures on the wall after a train has gone by.
Colocynthis: Drawing pains in the back as if the muscles were pulled taut, with great weakness and headaches in the morning. Bruise-like pain in the joints of the shoulders, making it difficult to open the fingers and pulling the tendons of the thumbs. The pelvis, sacral region, and hips all feel tensive lancination while walking, as if the psoas muscles were too short. Shooting pains in the legs, especially during repose. Tingling and a “going to sleep” sensation in the feet. Colocynthis is one of our chief remedies for suppressed rage and anger.
Dioscorea Villosa: Stiff, dull pain in the back of the neck. Severe backache that feels better by moving. Sharp, deep pains in the left scapula, drawing pains in the sacrum where the whole length of the spinal cord feels bruised. Pricking, sharp, agonising, hard aching nerve pain in the forearms, wrists, and hands. Hard, dull tearing pains in the hips with weak, lame knees and ankles. Suffers restless, trembling, and faint feeling at night and early morning. This patient will call things by their wrong names, has an aversion to company, feels troubled, irritable, and cross with great depression of spirits.
Gelsemium: Neuralgic, rheumatic pains in the extremities. Their arms are weak and numb as if the right elbow were sprained. A draft of air at night causes pains in the left elbow. Their forearm cramps when trying to write, with pain in the right wrist as if sprained. The hands tremble, with coldness in the wrists and hands, and with spasmodic contraction of the fingers. Their gait is very unsteady, with fatigue at the slightest exercise. Loss of voluntary motion, with obstinate sciatic pains that radiate down into the legs with deep neuralgia. This individual is excessively irritable, prefers not to be spoken to, and prefers to be left alone.
Kalmia Latifolia: Muscles in the neck are stiff and sore to touch, and also while moving them, with a tearing-like pain. They suffer constant pain in the spine which is often worse in the lumbar region. The sensation can be so severe that it feels as if their spinal column would break. They suffer rheumatic and neuralgic pains in the upper arms and lower part of legs, which is worse when trying to go to sleep. Tearing pains from the hip down the right leg to the feet, with stitches of pain. The feet feel as if sprained. They have a weariness in all muscles with neuralgia, trembling, strumming, palpitation, and a thrilling pain. When lying down, mental faculties and memory are perfect, but on attempting to move, they suffer dizziness, heart palpitations, and anxiety. They often feel cross.
Kreosotum: Glands of the neck are swollen and small of the back feels as if it would break. Burning pains are worse at night and in repose. Drawing pain along coccyx to rectum and vagina, where a spasmodic, contractive pain is felt. Shooting pains in the shoulder joints, with cramp-like pains down the arms. The hands feel stiff, painful, and itchy, with pale fingers as if dead, and with tingling and numbness upon waking. Hips and legs feel bruised, and knees and feet feel as if they’re dislocated with a burning, itching sensation on the soles of the feet. Pain as if from being burnt and ulceration; painful paralytic sensation; pulling and shooting pains throughout the body. This patient is restless, weepy, morose, melancholy, obstinate, angry, with a despair of being cured.
Phosphorous: This patient suffer rigidity at the nape of the neck and pressure on the shoulders, with burning in the small of the back. Tearings and stitches in and beneath both scapulae, with pain in the coccyx impeding easy motion; they can find no comfortable position. Their limbs feel weak and paralysed, with tremblings in the joints with every exertion. There is burning and wrenching pain in the palms of the hands and arms with tension; swelling of hands, even at night. Lower limbs feel weak and uneasy with heaviness; painful fatigue and burning sensations throughout. Drawing, paralytic, and tearing (rheumatic pain) in knees, extending into feet. Burning pain in limbs; tension, cramping, jerking, and distortion of some of the limbs; also suffering sprains and easy dislocations. This individual suffers melancholy sadness, sometimes with violent weeping. They can feel like they are in several pieces, with apathy, anguish, and uneasiness when alone or in stormy weather. Becomes easily vexed and angry, which makes them exceedingly vehement, from which they suffer afterwards.Another aspect that we look at is how to support our patients while undergoing Heilkunst Treatment. This can take a bit of time as the underlying cause of the neuropathy is linked to unresolved issues on the patient’s traumatic timeline. While we’re peeling their onion, so to speak, we generally provide supplementation that helps, along with the curative remedies based on the law of nature, ‘like cures like’. By approaching the patient dynamically this way, we can help them obtain the long lasting results that they’ve craved.
Our Top 5 Reviewed Nerve Support Supplements of 2018
[This post is from the March 2019 newsletter – click here to read it.]
Some patients tell us they’re afraid to start their Heilkunst journey. I so get this. I was too. However, when I thought more deeply about my mother having died of mental illness at 32 and my father having died of a heart attack at the age of 43, I actually felt more afraid of the diseases coming down my family matrix than if I tried to live with them. My grandmother had been completely numbed out on antidepressants and her flatlined, “Yes dear”, with no emotional sentiment still rang in my ears.
I knew if I weren’t careful, I would end up just like them. I’d lived through such a horrific childhood with my mom’s suicide and my dad’s early demise that I was stretched raw with grief and abandonment issues. I was bringing these unresolved elements into all my my intimate relationships. I pushed them away or they abandoned me. I didn’t know how to do long-term committed relationships as I was always poised for the ‘adios’ shoe to drop.
When I met Jeff, I’d gone through a couple of rounds of Genetic Miasms and I was feeling pretty sore and tender. My son was just recovering from the autism spectrum. I felt like a war-torn PTSD victim. I never realized how much real estate the grief and depression had taken up in me. It was like trying to find the essence of myself out of blowing grains of sand with no glue. I could not discern what was my essential self and what was false ego.
My beloved watched me go into the bereft chute a few times and since he’d studied Bach’s Flower Remedies before Heilkunst, he started prescribing me remedies like Cherry Plum (feels she could lose it at any moment) and White Chestnut (mind going around and around in circles). It felt like this feminine impulse came and rescued me.
My recovery was a thing of beauty. I began to sustain greater and greater states of contentment, then actual happiness seeped in and moments of real bliss and joy were activated in me. I couldn’t believe it – flowers infused in brandy could do all that!
Jeff has continued to prescribe the Flower Essences as adjuncts in his patient’s Heilkunst treatment plans. He scans them in their CoRe trays that helps him discern what combinations of remedies the patient need the most. It’s like taking a peek into the oracle and he’s a master at his craft.
Over the years, I’ve been one of his most difficult patients. Although less verbose than me, when you listen carefully to what he says, you will receive profound nuggets that will change your life. I would not want to do this whole Heilkunst gig without him. Here’s to the art and science of salvation!
Did you know that more that three quarters of us have a magnesium deficiency? Chances are you’re in that group.
Why Are We So Deficient?
The main reasons we’re showing up short in magnesium is due to:
Processed Foods And Junk Foods – Our modern diets are laden with simple carbohydrates and sugar. Our bodies actually use 54 molecules of magnesium to process simple sugars alone. The diuretics in both tea and coffee raise the levels of magnesium secretion. Fluoride, the known neurotoxin in your city water supply, will try to outdo the available magnesium in our body for absorption.
Our Soils Are Depleted – Factory farming, GMOs, and improper crop rotation have depleted our soils of magnesium. Overall our vegetables are 24% deplete compared to the 1940s, and our fruits are also coming in at just 16% of what we would have derived nutritionally in the same decade.
We’re Stressed To The Max – Due to sleep deprivation, stress hormone production, always being on the go, long hours engaged with our phones and computers; all of which need high levels of magnesium to try to cope.
Drugs – Antibiotics, prednisone, statins, oral contraceptives (estrogen compounds), and cortisone all produce drug/herb/nutrient depletions in your body, including magnesium.
What Does Magnesium Do?
The health of your musculoskeletal system relies on proper minerals in order to function normally. Muscular, joint, and ligament pain can be reduced significantly by getting enough magnesium. Considering that the heart is probably the most important muscle in the body, magnesium helps to keep it supple and healthy.
Just as it helps nerve function throughout the body, magnesium is important for coordinating the activity of the heart muscle and the nerves that initiate the heartbeat. If your magnesium levels are low, you are more likely to be at risk for arrhythmia (irregular heartbeats) and heart palpitations.
Magnesium is also vital for proper detoxification. It helps protect the body from the effects of environmental toxins and heavy metals.
It’s intrinsic for the following functions:
the control of blood sugar
regulation of blood pressure
temperature regulation (think hot flashes)
bone and teeth formation
According to the Weston A. Price Foundation, magnesium inhibits blood clots, thins the blood, blocks calcium uptake, and relaxes blood vessels. Sounds very much like the unnatural low-dose aspirin they’ve been recommending for years. Magnesium is a “co-factor” in over 300-900 reactions in the body, so it’s pretty important.
What Symptoms Indicate Magnesium Deficiency?
While magnesium deficiency can have cardiovascular and muscular implications, it can show up as neurological issues as well. In our own clinic, we’ve seen mental illness markers from prolonged stress corrected from regular magnesium supplementation.
Other metabolic, endocrine, and chief complaints like these can also be indicators for a shortage in magnesium.
lethargy (no motivation)
seizures and spasms
Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
high blood pressure (Hypertension)
chronic back pain
And that’s just a partial list! The Journal of the American College of Nutrition cites:
“Similarly, patients with diagnoses of depression, epilepsy, diabetes mellitus, tremor, Parkinsonism, arrhythmias, circulatory disturbances (stroke, cardiac infarction, arteriosclerosis), hypertension, migraine, cluster headache, cramps, neuro-vegetative disorders, abdominal pain, osteoporosis, asthma, stress dependent disorders, tinnitus, ataxia, confusion, preeclampsia, weakness, might also be consequences of the magnesium deficiency syndrome.”
How Can I Test For My Magnesium Levels?
This is a little tricky as standardized blood tests in a doctor’s office aren’t wholly effective. The reason for this is that magnesium doesn’t hang out in the blood. The best way that we know of testing, even by distance, is through Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis. We have a colleague, Michelle Haley, who accepts hair samples in the mail and will test them and get back to you with the results.
What Foods Are High In Magnesium?
At Arcanum Wholistic Clinic, we recommend getting your minerals through whole, organic foods. The reason for this is that they’re less costly and much easier to absorb by the body.
Dark Leafy Greens
spinach (the highest source of magnesium)
Seeds and Nuts (soak or sprout them prior)
squash and pumpkin seeds
Legumes (soak and cook before eating)
Natural Dark Chocolate (70% or more cacao)
*All foods above should be eaten to satiety and not gorged upon. All things in moderation after all.
If I Need To Take A Supplement, Which One Do I Use?
If you’re really depleted, like I was due to rounds of antibiotics as a child, poor food quality as a kid, and high levels of stress for decades, I did have to resort to magnesium supplements for a year until I got things back to a better state of grace. Once my symptoms abated, I then went to whole, organic foods, being sure to focus on those listed above as a regular part of eating healthy.
Supplements and their sources change. Be sure to cross-reference with this guide: https://labdoor.com/rankings/magnesium to ensure that your popular brand is ethically sourced and does not contain arsenic.
Adding In The Necessary Co-Factors
Co-factors are the helpful elements that assist in optimum magnesium absorption. Your system runs an orchestra of 5,000 regulating hormones, minerals, and chemicals, so you can be taking magnesium from the best sources, but not be purveying it to the cells for maximum uptake. Here’s a list of mostly natural food sources to be sure you’re in good supply:
The truth about our childhood is stored up in our body, and although we can repress it,
we can never alter it.
Our intellect can be deceived,
our feelings manipulated,
our perceptions confused
and our body tricked with medication.
But some day the body will present its bill,
for it is as incorruptible as a child who, still whole in spirit, it will accept no compromises or excuses,
and it will not stop tormenting us
until we stop evading the truth.
A key catchphrase on the scene these days is “functional medicine.” To fully understand it, you have to look at some polarities between allopathy (literally “other suffering”) and the definition of functional medicine. The latter termed as medical practice or treatments that focus on optimal functioning of the body and its organs.
William Cole, a Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine writes, “Traditionally a medical doctor uses drugs or hormones as therapeutic tools to deal with dysfunction or disease. For various conditions including low thyroid, diabetes, high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol and so on, the standard model of care is generally all the same. Your general practitioner could decide to treat you, or could elect to refer you to a specialist. A GP and specialist have access to the same basic tool: medication. The training in the standard model of care is to diagnose a disease and match that disease with a corresponding drug. The standard model of care works well for acute diseases, trauma, infection, and emergencies. Sadly, it fails miserably in the care of the chronic diseases that affect over 125 million Americans.”
As a baseline, look at the study of allopathic or conventional medicine. There is little research investment into nutrition, supplementation, or courses in preventative medicine. If you suffer a symptom, you’re provided a course of treatment that either suppresses it with a chemical drug, with side effects, or cuts it out with surgery. Palliation is the name of the game which is defined as treating the symptoms without addressing the underlying cause.
It’s actually interesting if you look at their tools of learning. Cutting up cadavers for study, or sending off dead, dried up samples of blood to be examined under the microscope is not functional at all, but a result of a “dead science.” I just want to point out here that you’re a living being, imbued with a soul, spirit and the motile capacity to actually get well. Shouldn’t you be treated as such?!
Also, this mostly patriarchal approach keeps the patient in the role more traditionally as an invalid. Just because you’re sick, temporarily, doesn’t mean your mind and sense of self isn’t to be wholly respected in the process. However, I’ve treated patients for a decade and a half for the shock of being treated marginally during the rendering of an allopathic diagnosis. Being told you have a life-threatening disease with just 6 months to live is a debilitating event throwing the immune function for a loop … the terror debilitating in itself. Also such a prognosis is often static with no room for improvement, the drug protocols and side-effects often eternal.
Having to take a medicine for the rest of your life isn’t functional. It’s a life-long sentence. Long-term health freedom doesn’t look like this. When will you ever get to hold your God-given reins for your health again?!
Alternatively, functional medicine (aka Heilkunst) is imbued with principles much older than allopathy. Dr. Hahnemann discovered the principles for homeopathic medicine in the late 1700’s. By removing the disease cause, the body will “functionally” restore its God-given functionality. It’s that simple. Laws of cure, like cures like, cause no harm, and is functionally effective. See the study on homeoprophylaxis in Cuba for leptospirosis.
Here are seven key principle markers that you’re in the office of a functional medicine specialist:
Your chief and past complaints are captured and used on your behalf for your treatment. All present symptoms are explained so that you understand why they are occurring and what their roots are. Diagnosis means “through knowing” and you must benefit from this knowledge so that you can ultimately choose to take responsibility for your suffering. Therapeutic Education is one third the jurisdictions of Heilkunst or functional medicine.
Your diet, sleep, exercise, water and supplement intake are factored into your dynamic assessment. Regimen represents another third of your Heilkunst treatment.
Detoxification protocols are an instrumental part of a true functional medicine approach. Chelation therapy for reducing heavy metals, detoxing organs like the liver, lymphatic and urogenital system is a big part of Heilkunst Medicine. Our Drainage and Organ Support Combination remedies are key for helping the body function more optimally while we de-traumatize one timeline event each month. This includes detoxification for any drugs you’re still taking or have taking in the past, again, using the principles of like cures like. Drugs have even shown up in the DNA of patients offspring. For example my own mother’s Lithium prescribed in the 1960’s showed up in my body over thirty years later. This has far-reaching ethical implications for our ultimate autonomy and health.
You’re supported by your typologies (blood type, constitutional prescribing, and exercise typologies … ie. O blood types need significant cardio while A blood types do better with a walk and some yoga) while being functionally treated for your timeline of traumas (in reverse order), including your inherited, genetic predisposition for disease. By peeling the onion, again functionally, you get to the root causes of your chronic disease matrices.
By preventing the re-infection for limiting states of mind through Wilhelm Reich’s approach to Character Analysis, we functionally help you prevent these issues from ever infecting your organism again. Without exception, all disease start in the mind!
With knowledge of the Chthonic and Ideogenic Realms we can help those more difficult cases suss out the more spiritual imbued beliefs that manifest as earthly fears, terrors and deeply held anger. This more biographical counselling includes functional medical protocols beyond what any other systems of medicine offer.
Through the above process YOU get to live your restoration to health and answer the questions, “Why did I get sick in the first place?” and “What can I do to prevent this from ever happening again?” The idea being that if I got myself unconsciously into this mess, I can consciously get myself out of it. The only limitations being tissue damage like diabetes, the use of a pacemaker, or a mastectomy for example. However, in many cases we can help to functionally restore health so that these diseases don’t keep spawning further symptoms.
Michael J. Lincoln wrote in his book, Messages From the Body, “Bodily functioning is a continuous adaptation process to the external environment operated by the brain, which in turn reflects the contents of the mind and the emotions. The key factor in the maintenance of bodily health is the immune system, which is controlled by the brain via neural connections, chemical reactions, neurotransmitters, lymphocytes, neurohormones, endorphins, and the like. Through these linkages, what is going on in your consciousness is continuously affecting your body and vice versa. In many ways, the body and the mind imitate and imprint each other. Ultimately, of course, consciousness underlies and is the final determinant of everything, and the body reflects this vividly.”
Functional Medicine does not look at your body as a static thing, or does it pronounce static diagnoses or prognoses on you. There must be functional wiggle room for you to grow and change. You’ve done this dynamically from birth and so a diagnosis should help you find the instruments for health, not cement you to a static life-sentence.