The Chronic Miasms
This blog is part of a series; its original title was Heilkunst Basics : Grade Eleven (The Chronic Miasms)
Treatment of the chronic miasms is the next logical step after clearing a patient’s time line of shocks and traumas. This is the reason, by the way, that I ask a patient about their family’s health history, so that we can have a clear picture of what the genetic tendencies towards illness are in the family, and therefore which of the chronic miasms are likely to require more attention. This includes what any blood relatives have died from, as well as the details about any chronic illness currently suffered by any living relatives. This information is often sketchy and incomplete, but I am still able to proceed with this level of treatment, regardless of how much of the family health history is known. A patient who is adopted and has no knowledge of their family history actually ends up learning something about their family of origin, at least in terms of the diseases which plagued their ancestors.
Just like the sequence which was followed in the treatment of the patient’s time line (from most recent to oldest in time), the chronic miasms are treated in a certain order, as well. A closer study of the characteristics of each miasm reveals a correspondence between each of the miasms, and one of the seasons in nature. There are two miasms which appear in each season, making for a total of eight. Starting with the first autumn miams (Psora), the sequence through the year flows like this:
- Psora — keynotes : dryness; deficiency; lack; mild functional disturbances; a feeling of poverty consciousness; skin and lungs.
- Malaria — keynotes : agitation; fatigue; feeling victimized; stomach flu.
- Tuberculosis — keynotes : restless; vindictive; feeling trapped; bronchitis; digestive issues; allergies.
- Ringworm — keynotes : fungal rashes; recurrent issues; deep fatigue, ’S.A.D.’; feeling persecuted.
- Sycosis — keynotes : growths; bi-polar or extremes of energy patterns; feeling guilty (in a moralistic sense); warts; asthma.
- Cancer — keynotes : depleted immune function; headaches; feeling of resignation – ‘there’s no point in trying any more’; extreme sugar cravings, especially chocolate.
- Syphilis — keynotes : destruction; deformity; feeling of revulsion or disgust; ulceration; bone diseases, such as cancer; fear of insanity.
- Lyme Disease — keynotes : retreat; auto-immune diseases; feeling of deepest despair; skin rash; joint pains.
As you can see, the progression of these diseases has a general tendency from the most superficial organs and functions, down into the deepest ones. Clearing all of these miasms gives everyone a tremendous increase in their total state of health, and really gets at one of the primary goals of the “high school” level of the Heilkunst curriculum, namely to fully restore the function of the etheric body, and to restore its full capacity for pulsation and ultimately in “digesting life”.
All Heilkunst physicians must complete their own treatment, at least through a significant depth of their own miasms, before they are able to graduate and start their practice. This is so that they have a sufficient degree of health themselves in order to be able to handle the charge of taking a patient through this process, and potentially some of the more explosive healing reactions. Also, the expanded clarity of mind which comes from clearing your miasms is quite notable.
- How We Approach Healthy Hormone Functions
- The Real Meaning of “Diagnosis”