Veggies In Disguise
This post is from the May 2021 newsletter – click here to read it.
Today, we’re talking about how to keep yourself and your family healthy with more veggies. Vegetables, vegetables, and more vegetables! Did you know that to stay healthy, you’re supposed to eat about 80% of your overall diet in vegetables?
Did you know that I’m a horrible vegetable eater? Yup, now you know! As a kid, it was an almighty torture just to get them past my hatch without gagging. What do I do to keep my veggie intake up?
- Make smoothies and add aloe, celery, spinach, greens powder, reishi mushrooms, and hemp protein.
- Make a big stir fry from a package of pre-frozen or pre-prepared organic veggies.
- Buy organic spring-mix lettuce and add slices of mango, slivered almonds, grated romano cheese, with olive oil and a dash of balsamic vinegar.
- Make sweet potato pancakes with nuts and seeds, eggs, olive oil, and baking powder.
When my kids were little, I was not going to make the same mistake with them by not introducing veggies early, so I bought Jessica Seinfeld’s cookbook, Deceptively Delicious, and learned to spiralize zucchini into noodles for pasta and sneak broccoli into chicken nuggets, make brownies with avocado, and quesadillas with butternut squash. It became a bit of an adventure and to this day, they don’t know all the veggie shenanigans I was up to.
What kind of veggie tricks do you have up your sleeve? Or perhaps, unlike me, you don’t need any. Abracadabra Coli!
- Success Story: Gratitude
- Success Story: Doggo Rudy’s Knee Treatment